I’m always on the hunt for new and fun ways to decorate gifts. Recently on pinterest I saw this great idea for making your own bows and filling them sequins, confetti bows, they were called. I thought it was a brilliant idea!
Not only could you fill them with sequins but you can use any small pretty little things in the inside, like mini pom poms, tissue paper, small beads or glitter.
These little bows are such cuties and are super easy to make. It would probably be a great activity to do with children too. I know my daughter loved helping me make these bows.
To make these lovelies, you will need:
- clear bags
- small decorations, eg: sequins, beads, mini pompoms
- washi tape, or similar tape
1. First, I had to trim up my plastic bags to remove the self seal edge.
2. Apply your washi tape to the closed end of the bag, centering the tape first, then folding it over. Trim up your edges.
3. Now the fun part- add your filler/ decorations to the bag. I used about a teaspoon of sequins.
4. Seal up the other other end of the bag with washi tape in the same way you applied it in the 2nd step.
5. Try to evenly distribute the filler/ decorations to each side of your bag. Find the middle of the bag and pinch together to form a bow shape. Tape around the pinched section. And Viola- you are done!
Try experimenting using different items as confetti.
Have a wonderful weekend!